Dr. Priyanka Reddy case: The brutal rape and murder that left entire nation in shock


Dr. Priyanka Reddy, a Shamshabad veterinarian in Hyderabad, was found dead with her body partially burned under the Chatanpalli Bridge in Shadnagar on Thursday morning. She had worked as a doctor in the town of Kolluru. The incident happened Wednesday night. She was raped, suffocated, and then burned by four men who are said to come from Narayanpet.

Raped, smothered and burnt: Police

The Cyberabad police detained four people on Friday. They were identified as Mohammad Areef (driver), Jolla Naveen (cleaner), Chennakeshavulu (soap), Jolla Shiva (driver). The police said that the accused who were consuming alcohol at Shamshabad toll plaza saw Priyanka parking her scooter and hatched the plan to rape her. And one of them (Jolla Naveen) punctured the rear wheel of the doctor’s motorcycle, which was parked at a place.

When the doctor returned to take her scooter at around 9.18 pm, she realised one of the tyres got punctured. The prime accused Areef then approached on the pretext of getting the scooter fixed. Another accused Jollu Shiva took her scooter, on the pretext of getting it repaired, and came back after some time and told her that all the repair shops were closed.

Police said that the accused raped the girl who had died due to the charged and had covered her mouth and nose while committing the crime. The accused then wrapped the body in a blanket and took it to Shadnagar and burnt the body. Cyberabad Police Commissioner VC Sajjanar said, “Our officer scanned the CCTV footage by taking him in a patrol vehicle. The victim was also seen in the CCTV footage of the plaza. Around 3 pm, the family was asked to file an official complaint. Was brought back. By 5 am, we searched for all the puncture shops. The body was found at around 7 am. “I’m scared: Priyanka calls sister to Priyanka Reddy Micro went informed who was returning home from the clinic, went to another clinic about 5:30 pm. He parked his scooter at the toll plaza and took a cab. The doctor’s younger sister told police that her sister called her at around 9.22 am and said she was at the toll plaza and was waiting to get her scooter back from a person who had taken the vehicle for repairs because she had a There was a flat tire. Priyanka said to her sister, “You keep talking until my scooter is back. They are all waiting outside. I’m scared.” However, she later told her sister that she would call soon. Her sister said that Priyanka’s phone was switched off when the former called her sister at around 9.44 pm. When the family failed to reach her phone, she staged a sit-in at the toll plaza but was not found as the police did not file a complaint.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here